Every year Thanksgiving rolls around and I make the same menu as I did the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that and so on and so forth. This year, something felt different so I decided to "alter" my traditional, yet almost boring, pumpkin pie. I decided I wouldn't go buck wild, I don't really like to mess with "traditional" so I went with something very similar and wouldn't disgruntle anyone's delicate taste buds. I chose PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE!! Delicious, it will, from this year forward be my families signature holiday desert!
Okay, at first I thought, "crap, I've never made a cheesecake and it will probably come out terrible, (because that's my luck)." I was soooo wrong, it was super easy to make and came out perfectly, no issues!
Here we go, I'll tell you the recipe I used:
Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham crumbs (I used store bought, nothing fancy, the plain kind)
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. sugar
Filling:
3- 8oz..pkgs. cream cheese, softened (I know it sounds terribly fattening, but it's delicious, I didn't buy the low fat/fat free kind, again store brand)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
Whipped Cream (optional)
Once you have created the graham cracker crumbs combine them with butter and sugar. I Probably used more crumbs and butter than the recipe asked for because I like a thicker crust and a little gooey-er. So, I recommend just kind of eye balling the mixture to suite your own preference!
Once the crust is combined and moist press onto the bottom of an 8" spring form pan, which shockingly I happened to have even though I'd never made anything in it! I sprayed mine with cooking spray just as a precaution! You should press the crust up the sides of the pan a little. Once the crust is pressed bake for 5-7 mins in a preheated 350 degree oven.
While the crust sets you can start combining the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat them until smooth.
(check your crust, mine had stiffened a little and some of the moisture was gone, but it was still pliable)
Remove the pan from oven, and set aside.
Back to the filling, add the canned pumpkin, eggs, and spices to the cream cheese mixture, beat until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling into your crusted pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. The top of the cake, or is it called pie? I don't know, anyways the top should turn slightly brown, not too dark. If the top starts to crack you definitely know it's done! Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature, I think mine took over an hour. Once completely cooled, refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. RELEASE THE SPRINGS and VOILA!! You have just made PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE!!! Holy cow! It didn't melt right before your eyes, it stood tall and firm! YAY!! SOO PROUD! NOW TIME TO CUT IT AND TOP IT AND DEVOUR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! You have just baked a pie/cake!!!

It's called "butt cake" because it has a crack! It's DELICIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
ReplyDeleteOh My that's good!